Thursday 16 July 2009

TO DEFY A KING - Agent approves anyway!

Agent stayed up until 3.30 in the morning to finish To Defy a King. She said:

'I love the manuscript. I felt bereft when it stopped. Wow oh wow.'

Now, obviously she is my agent and I'm her client, but even so, I am wiping my brow with relief that it has passed the first hurdle now it's out in the world. I still have to hear from editors - they are reading it this weekend.

I guess my News blog is the only place where I trumpet blow. I don't like doing it more broadly online because the 'look at me' stuff gets stale very quickly and I'd rather talk history, writing and books in more general terms than my latest puff - so I confine the 'me' stuff to here!

Oh, and here's the video trailer!

3 comments:

Marg said...

By the time this book comes out I am going to be hyperventilating with either envy or excitement!

Passages to the Past said...

You and me both Marg =)

That's great news! It means one step closer to this novel being in my hot little hands!!

I hoe you don't mind, but I wanted to share this with my readers - a lot of your fans that are going to be just as excited as Marg & I!

Tish said...

I can't wait! I always order from amazon.uk because I'm much to impatient to get it later. I can't tell you how many people I've gotten "hooked" on your books. They called it "reader advisory" in library school, but I call it sharing my favorites. I still recall our very pleasant outing in several years ago when I drove half way across England to have lunch with you.

Congratulations and best regards
Tish