Monday 16 June 2008

News update 16th June 2008



WELCOME ALL!

I've started this section as a place to inform readers of breaking news, updates and general information about the novels. It serves a different purpose to my main blog Living The History, which contains more detailed articles and notes about the writing process. Url here:
http://livingthehistoryelizabethchadwick.blogspot.com/

The piece you're reading now is more about news flashes and quick-flick details.

SO, WHAT'S NEW OR NEED TO KNOW?

Well, I'm delighted to say that THE TIME OF SINGING is now on its final proof read. I've been researching and taking a break in Norfolk and have returned to find the proofs waiting my attention. There are now 2 extracts posted at my extracts blog. url here:
http://elizabethchadwicks.blogspot.com/
It has a gorgeous new cover, which you can see on the extracts blog and also on my cover blog blog here:
http://coveringthestory.blogspot.com/
The publication date is October 2nd in hardcover. They usually sell out fast as hardcover print runs are not large. I know many readers prefer to wait for the paperback, but just to make everyone aware that if a copy is needed for Christmas, do it sooner rather than later!

Trailer here:



Here I am with the dog at Castle Rising in Norfolk during the week of 7th - 14th June O8 while researching. The castle notice board said dogs had to be on leads. Didn't say that humans had to be attached!














A PLACE BEYOND COURAGE is published in paperback on October 16th. Sainsbury's supermarkets are keen to get behind it at the moment and it will be available from most bookstores and Amazon.co.uk Also The Book Depository will supply it anywhere in the world, free of postage, so if you hale from the USA or Australia it's well worth checking this out. Url here: http://tinyurl.com/jrhuz

I am currently working (when I can find the time she says!) on a new novel about William Marshal's eldest daughter, Mahelt, and her match with Hugh Bigod, eldest son of Roger Bigod and Ida de Tosney, stars of THE TIME OF SINGING.

I think that's all I need to say at the moment, but I'll update the page regularly with items that may be of use or interest to readers.

Back to the coalface!

Elizabeth C.

No comments: